Digital marketing is not just for consumer sales. It’s also an effective tool for B2B companies to use, and it can be life-changing for your company if you’re not using it yet.
Suppose you’re looking to grow your business in the coming year. In that case, these digital marketing statistics prove that a well-crafted social media campaign can help you reach new customers and generate leads.
Marketing changed a lot over the past years, and this blog post will explore some of those changes and how they affect businesses across all industries.
Digital Marketing Statistics that Prove It Works for B2B Sales
- Digital marketing is currently the fastest-growing form of marketing
- The number of digital displays in retail stores has increased by 1,000% since 2011
- 60% of people are more likely to buy from a company if they have an online presence
- 78% of companies that use social media say it helps them sell products or services
- 92% of B2B marketers say that digital marketing is essential to their business
- 81% of companies with an active social media presence have acquired customers through it
- 67% of B2B marketers use email for lead generation, and 54% use content marketing
- 88% of businesses are using video in some capacity, with 66% using it for customer support
- Digital marketing is a more cost-effective way to reach new customers
- The average conversion rate on a landing page is 2%
- More than half of marketers say that they have seen an increase in leads from digital marketing efforts over the past year
- 73% of consumers start their product searches online, and 82% research before making purchases
- Digital marketing is the fastest-growing form of marketing
- In 2016, digital media was a $200 billion industry in the US alone
- It’s estimated that by 2020, there will be over 3 trillion devices connected to the internet, and more than 50% of these will be mobile phones
- A recent study found that 79% of consumers have used a smartphone for at least one purchase in their lifetime
- Another survey has shown that 84% of people use social media regularly while browsing online stores
- Companies that use digital marketing generate 2x more leads than companies that don’t
- 71% of B2B marketers say their company has a firm website and content strategy in place
- Digital media is the most effective way to reach 18-34-year-olds, with 96% saying they prefer it over other forms of advertising
- Digital Marketing is the fastest-growing marketing channel
- The average B2B company spends less than 5% of its budget on digital channels, while the rest goes to traditional channels like TV and print advertising
- 64% of respondents said that online reviews influenced their decision to purchase a product
- 73% of consumers are likely to buy from an e-commerce site after watching a video about it.
- 72% of B2B marketers say they use digital marketing to increase sales
- Digital marketing is the most effective channel for generating leads, with 79% of respondents saying it’s their top choice
- 72% of B2B marketers say that content creation is their primary goal
- 84% of respondents said that video was the most engaging type of content on social media
- B2B companies that invest in digital marketing increase their sales by an average of 27%
- 75% of all customers research products online before they buy them
- 85% of people will visit a company’s website if it is listed on the first page of Google search results
- 74% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- Digital marketing is a lucrative, growing industry
- The average return on investment for digital marketing campaigns is $3-$5 in revenue per dollar spent
- In 2016, it was estimated that digital channels would account for 50% of the global ad spend
- In 2017, marketers were expected to invest an additional $90 billion into digital media advertising, which will represent 39% of all ad spending globally
- 96% of marketers say that video marketing is essential to their business
- 66% of B2B customers are more likely to buy from a company they’ve heard about through digital channels
- 70% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, and 50% trust them even more than word-of-mouth
- 84% of B2B buyers start at least one stage in the sales process before contacting an organization for information.
- 91% of B2B marketers are using some form of digital marketing
- Digital Marketing is the fastest-growing segment in marketing, with an estimated growth rate of 17%
- The average return on investment for digital marketing campaigns is $6.50 for every dollar spent
- 84% of companies that use social media expect it to generate more business than traditional cold calling or direct mail methods.
- B2B marketers are spending more on digital marketing than ever before
- Digital marketing is the most effective form of marketing for B2B companies, with 98% of sales coming from it
- Companies that invest in digital marketing see a return on their investment as high as 14 times.
- Companies that use digital marketing increase their revenue by an average of 30%
- Marketing on social media has a 98% success rate, and companies see a 13% increase in customer retention rates when they do it right
- The return on investment for B2B companies who implement digital marketing strategies is $6:$1
- 80% of consumers research online before making a purchase
- The average person spends about 10 hours per week on digital media
- 90% of people between 18-24 use social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- The average person spends over 4 hours a day online
- 77% of people use social media to research products and services before making purchases
- 80% of companies who blog see an increase in traffic to their site
- 88% of users say they are more likely to buy from a company if they have interacted with them on social media
- B2B companies that invest in digital marketing see an average of a 10% increase in revenue
- Digital marketing is the fastest-growing segment of advertising, and by 2020 it will represent over 50% of all ad spend
- 97% of marketers say they use social media to promote their business
- Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter have seen an uptick in users since 2016, while other platforms like Instagram and Snapchat are still increasing.
- The average cost of a lead for B2B companies is $200-250
- 75% of all leads are generated by inbound marketing, 25% are from outbound marketing
- Leads that come from digital channels have the highest close rate at 60%-70%
- Almost 50% of all leads come from email campaigns, while only 20% come from social media.
- Digital Marketing is the cheapest form of marketing
- 91% of marketers say that digital marketing is an integral part of their strategy
- online reviews influence 78% of B2B buyers before making a purchase decision
- The average conversion rate for web traffic to sales is 1-10%, while the average conversion rate for email traffic to sales is 25-40%
- The use of digital marketing has increased by 20% in the last five years
- B2B companies that invest in digital marketing are seeing an average ROI of $3 for every dollar spent
- Digital Marketing is now necessary for any company trying to make it big.
- With the use of digital marketing, there has been an increase in sales
- Digital marketing is a cost-effective form of advertising
- Digital channels are more effective at reaching prospects than traditional media channels
- There is a higher conversion rate for digital campaigns versus other forms of advertising
- Social media platforms have proven successful with B2B sales.
Digital marketing is the future of B2B sales. The stats show that it provides higher ROI than traditional outbound methods like cold calling, emailing, and sending mailers (and no one likes to receive those).
If you’re looking for a way to bring in more qualified leads at lower costs, then digital marketing consultation may be your answer.
Contact us today if you want our team of experts to help with lead generation or content creation for SEO purposes.
We can provide data-driven insights on how neuropsychology affects online selling behavior and create an entire strategy from start to finish based on neuroscience principles!