It is the only era of Google in refurbishing the entire digital marketing. Now it has come up with the new trendy concept Google Podcasts where it supported the recommendations of the most personalized episodes. The Google Podcasts app is available for both Android and iOS users. The podcasters can find the best way of finding their user analytics with Google offered Google Podcasts Manager launched recently. The Podcasters can boost their performance through the analysis of powerful insights.
- 1 Google Podcasts Manger
- 2 Significant Steps to get Your Google Podcast
- 3 Steps to submit your podcasts to Google Podcasts
- 4 How to manage Podcasts and episodes on Google?
- 5 How to add or remove shows and episodes on Google Podcasts Manager?
- 6 Google Podcast Usage Analytics
- 7 Creating the Link to Podcast or Episode
Google Podcasts Manger
It is an excellent feature offered by Google that lets the podcaster to make their activity simple. Moreover, by using this tool, the podcaster can easily find where the audience tune in, when they drop listening, how many minutes they are looking, and the time length they played.
Also, it lets them find whether the shows are made available to the Google podcast listeners and monitor the activity, especially for the recent podcast episodes.
The podcasters can boost the performance by getting to the in-depth analytics. Though Google Podcasts launched in recent times, it has massive potential growth in the global market.
The first step before creating the Shows in the Google Podcasts Manager, you need to develop and publish the RSS feed of your podcast.
Significant Steps to get Your Google Podcast
As we already know that Google Podcasts is the new project of Google, but it has more than expected success. It performs over multiple devices, which let you find the podcast from your PC and can play it from your mobile. It can be accessed on both Android and iOS, also using Google Home can access the podcasts.
The Google podcast episodes served automatically to the subscribers when you publish podcast episodes, which lets you up to date.
Google Podcast works on discovering the podcast feed of you, which is similar to the website search creating your website on Google.
Are you excited to submit the podcast in Google Podcasts by accessing the Google Podcasts Manager?
Steps to submit your podcasts to Google Podcasts
- Create the RSS feed by following Google’s guidelines.
- Create the homepage which references your website feed by following Google guidelines. It is a strong recommendation, but not sure.
- Index the podcast. Google finds and indexes the homepage and RSS feed automatically when you have the homepage of your website.
- When you don’t have the homepage, then do manually index your RSS feed by Google.
- Within a week, the news feed will be available on Google if it works well.
Creation of your RSS feed:
To get access to the Google Podcasts, your RSS feed should be confirmed by the RSS 2.0 specification containing tags and values given in this section. The feed available on Google should not require the login, be behind the firewall, and blocked to Google.
Creation of Podcast Homepage:
The support of the homepage for the RSS feed can help to provide the additional data to Google to display at the user’s search for podcasts relevant to you.
It shows the description of your podcast when the user searches with names. Also, the carousel of podcast episodes for your shows will be listed on Google search –
- The homepage should be made available for the exact URL mentioned in the RSS feed of Google.
- Make sure that it doesn’t need passwords and not blocked. You can also go with a mobile-friendly test tool that reports if it couldn’t access it on Google.
- The homepage should obey the guidelines of Google Webmaster.
- Https is the strong recommendation of Google for the homepage, all audio, video, and RSS feed.
- Get podcast indexed by Google by using the following steps.
- Get verified by the Podcast Manager for shows ownership.
- Make use of PubSubHubbub website and API while publishing your podcast.
- Mention the feed URL in the field of Topic URL then publish.
- Now, wait until Google finds and crawls the homepage associated with it.
How to manage Podcasts and episodes on Google?
The show that has the episodes will be described in the podcast here.
Managing the podcast:
Make sure to launch new podcasts on Google, which has been described to get your Google podcast.
Updating the podcast:
Be sure to update the podcast information, especially about the field, such as the description, name, and also in RSS feed. Then wait to let Google recrawl the RSS feed naturally or sent requests.
To remove the podcast from Google is adding below mention tags to the RSS feed and request Google recrawl. These tags will not let the podcast displaying on Google podcasts platforms, but the visibility of the host web page will not be affected on Google search.
- Remove the home webpage and files of the RSS feed.
- Make use of robots.txt to block the RSS feed when you don’t wish to display as the playable links on Google search.
Manage podcast episodes:
Adding or updating the episodes:
In adding, updating, or removing the episodes from the Google podcasts update the feed. Then Google checks the known RSS feeds for modifications many times a day. Moreover, you can request for the recrawl of your RSS feed if it requires the immediate update.
Request Google to index:
Google checks the known RSS feed for modifications several times in a day. When the podcast is new, then time-sensitive change for that you need to request Google indexing.
How to add or remove shows and episodes on Google Podcasts Manager?
Adding the Show:
If you are intended to add the show to the Podcast Manager, then you should get the verification of ownership of podcast RSS feed.
Accessing the existing show:
When you want to add the new feed to the already existing ones in the Podcast Manager, then it is necessary to remember that Google serves the one feed per podcast to the audience.
The Google served feed URL will be informed when the feed is similar to other feeds, especially for the verified shows of Podcast Manager. You are unable to add the feed.
Google serves only one feed to the listeners from similar ones.
To create the podcast shows, you should be verified, and if Google does not see it, then it takes some days to confirm that it is similar to the existing. The Podcast Manager will send the alert.
If the feed is new, then the new Podcasts Manager show is created and serves individually to the listeners.
The multiple shows may have the same name and brand on the Podcast Manager, but Google won’t consider that they are relevant.
Removing the Show:
You should request the admin to remove your show from the Podcast Manager list. Other users will still access, and if you wish to get access to the show again, then the admin should add you.
When you want to remove from all users of the Podcast Manager, then the show must be deleted from all Google Podcast channels.
To delete a podcast from Google, then you need block access or remove the RSS feeds. This will display your podcast to the Google Podcast listeners.
Google Podcast Usage Analytics
Analytics for the Show:
- The landing page of the show shows the analytics of show-level.
- To see the data of that show, you should get the viewer’s permission.
- To mention the time window to the shown data, you should use a data selector.
- The calculation of the data, along with more details, can be obtained through Tooltips.
- For the last 16 months, the data of the episode of podcast feed will be displayed by the episode table shows.
- If the episodes are removed from the feed, then that data will be shown.
- To get the new listening data from Podcast Manager, it takes at least 2 to 3 days.
- For 16 months, the data for each episode is stored.
- To obtain the specific data of that episode, select the episode from the episode’s table.
Analytics for the Episode:
- To find the analytics of the particular episode, select the episode from the episode table on the landing page of the show.
- The data selector can mention the time window of all data on the landing page.
- Expand the range of the data when you don’t find data of the episode.
- The URL of RSS feed shows the episodes, and when the URL of episodes change, then the association of new data takes place along with the latest episode URL. Then the continuity of the data will be missed.
- When the episode has the listening data, then the episode will appear.
- For suppose a similar episode URL used in two different shows of your Podcast Manager, then both shows display the data of that episode.
- Ways to Market your podcast with Google Podcasts branding:
- Google Podcasts has become the most favorable app for the million to listen to the shows and find new shows. To promote the podcast, use the ‘Listen on Google Podcasts’ badge that links directly to your episodes and shows on Google Podcasts.
- Install the ‘Listen on Google Podcasts’ badge.
- Start creating the link to the episode or podcast.
- Embed the badge on-page by linking it to the generated URL.
- The follow the badge usage guidelines.
Creating the Link to Podcast or Episode
Go to Google Podcasts.
Keep searching for your podcast.
Copy the URL from the browser.
Go to Google Podcasts.
Try searching for your podcast.
Find a particular episode by clicking on your podcast.
Click on an episode and copy the URL from the browser.
There will be too many reasons to start the podcast that may be to improve the growth of the business, connect with the audience relevant to your niche, have strong relationships with the audience, and to collaborate with the other brands of the same niche, etc.
Whatever it may be, but while choosing the hosting platform should be considered as the significant one where it introduces you to the million global listeners. Google Podcasts Manager is one of the best service providers where you can easily access the data of your listeners and your business.