It is the only era for Google to refurbish the entire digital marketing. Now it has developed the new trendy concept of Google Podcasts, which supports the recommendations of the most personalized episodes. The Google Podcasts app is available for both Android and iOS users. The podcasters can find the best way of finding their user analytics with Google offered Google Podcasts Manager launched recently. The Podcasters can boost their performance through the analysis of powerful insights.
Google Podcasts Manger
It is an excellent feature offered by Google that lets the podcaster simplify their activity. Moreover, this tool allows the podcaster to quickly find where the audience tunes in, when they drop listening, how many minutes they are looking, and how long they play.
Also, it lets them find out whether the shows are available to Google podcast listeners and monitor the activity, especially for recent podcast episodes.
The podcasters can boost their performance by getting in-depth analytics. Though Google Podcasts launched in recent times, it has massive potential growth in the global market.
The first step before creating the Shows in the Google Podcasts Manager is to develop and publish the RSS feed of your podcast.
Significant Steps to Get Your Google Podcast
As we already know, Google Podcasts is a new project of Google, but it has more than expected success. It performs over multiple devices, letting you find the podcast from your PC and play it from your mobile. It can be accessed on Android and iOS, and Google Home can also access the podcasts.
The Google podcast episodes are served automatically to the subscribers when you publish podcast episodes, which lets you up to date.
Google Podcast works to discover your podcast feed, similar to the website search creating your website on Google.
Are you excited to submit the podcast in Google Podcasts by accessing the Google Podcasts Manager?
Steps to submit your podcasts to Google Podcasts
- Create the RSS feed by following Google’s guidelines.
- Create a homepage that references your website feed by following Google guidelines. It is a strong recommendation, but not sure.
- Index the podcast. Google finds and indexes the homepage and RSS feed automatically when you have the homepage of your website.
- When you don’t have the homepage, manually index your RSS feed by Google.
- If it works well, the news feed will be available on Google within a week.
Creation of your RSS feed:
The RSS 2.0 specification should confirm your RSS feed with tags and values in this section to access Google Podcasts. The feed on Google should not require a login, be behind the firewall, or be blocked by Google.
Creation of Podcast Homepage:
The support of the RSS feed’s homepage can help provide additional data to Google to display in the user’s search for relevant podcasts.
It shows the description of your podcast when the user searches with names. Also, the carousel of podcast episodes for your shows will be listed on Google search –
- The homepage should be available for the URL mentioned in the Google RSS feed.
- Make sure that it doesn’t need passwords and is not blocked. You can also go wituseile-friendly test tool that reports if it couldncan’ts it on Google.
- The homepage should obey the guidelines of Google Webmaster.
- HTTPS strongly recommends Google for the homepage and all audio, video, and RSS feed.
- Get podcasts indexed by Google by using the following steps.
- Get verified by the Podcast Manager for shows ownership.
- Make use of the PubSubHubbub website and API while publishing your podcast.
- Mention the feed URL in the field of Topic URL, then publish.
- Now, wait until Google finds and crawls the homepage associated with it.
How to manage Podcasts and episodes on Google?
The show that has the episodes will be described in the podcast here.
Managing the podcast:
Make sure to launch new podcasts on Google, which has been described to get your Google podcast.
Updating the podcast:
Be sure to update the podcast information, especially about the field, such as the description, name, and RSS feed. Then wait to let Google recrawl the RSS feed naturally or send requests.
Add mention tags to the RSS feed below to remove the podcast from Google and request a Google recrawl. These tags will not let the podcast display on Google podcasts platforms, but the visibility of the host web page will not be affected by Google search.
- Remove the home webpage and files of the RSS feed.
- Use robots.txt to block the RSS feed when you don’t wish to display it as the playable link on Google search.
Manage podcast episodes:
Adding or updating the episodes:
Update the feed by adding, updating, or removing the episodes from the Google podcasts. Then Google checks the known RSS feeds for modifications many times a day. Moreover, you can request the recrawl of your RSS feed if it requires an immediate update.
Request Google to index:
Google checks the known RSS feed for modifications several times a day. You must request Google indexing for a time-sensitive change when the podcast is new.
How to add or remove shows and episodes on Google Podcasts Manager?
Adding the Show:
If you intend to add the show to the Podcast Manager, you should get the verification of ownership of the podcast RSS feed.
Accessing the existing show:
When you want to add a new feed to the already existing ones in the Podcast Manager, then it is necessary to remember that Google serves one meal per podcast to the audience.
The Google-served feed URL will be informed when the feed is similar to other meals, especially for the verified shows of Podcast Manager. You are unable to add the feed.
Google serves only one feed to the listeners from similar ones.
To create the podcast shows, you should be verified, and if Google does not see it, it takes some days to confirm that it is similar to the existing one. The Podcast Manager will send the alert.
If the feed is new, then the new Podcasts Manager show is created and serves individually to the listeners.
The multiple shows may have the same name and brand on the Podcast Manager, but Google won’t consider them relevant.
Removing the Show:
You should request the admin to remove your show from the Podcast Manager list. Other users will still have access, and if you wish to get access to the show again, then the admin should add you.
When you want to remove all users of the Podcast Manager, then the show must be deleted from all Google Podcast channels.
You must block access or remove the RSS feeds to delete a podcast from Google. This will display your podcast to Google Podcast listeners.
Google Podcast Usage Analytics
Analytics for the Show:
- The landing page of the show shows the analytics of the show level.
- To see the data of that show, you should get the viewer’s permission.
- It would be best to use a data selector to mention the time window to the displayed data.
- The calculation of the data, along with more details, can be obtained through Tooltips.
- For the last 16 months, the episode of the podcast feed data will be displayed by the episode table shows.
- That data will be shown if the attacks are removed from the meal.
- Getting the new listening data from Podcast Manager takes at least 2 to 3 days.
- For 16 months, the data for each episode is stored.
- To obtain the specific data of that episode, select the attack from the episode’s table.
Analytics for the Episode:
- To find the analytics of the particular episode, select the attack from the episode table on the show’s landing page.
- The data selector can mention the time window of all data on the landing page.
- Expand the range of the data when you don’t find data from the episode.
- The URL of the RSS feed shows the episodes, and when the URL of attacks changes, the association of new data takes place along with the latest episode URL. Then the continuity of the data will be missed.
- When the episode has the listening data, then the attack will appear.
- Suppose a similar episode URL is used in two different shows of your Podcast Manager; then both shows display the data of that episode.
- Ways to Market your podcast with Google Podcasts branding:
- Google Podcasts has become the most favorable app for the million to listen to shows and find new shows. To promote the podcast, use the ‘Listen on Google Podcasts’ badge that links directly to your episodes and shows on Google Podcasts.
- Install the ‘Listen on Google Podcasts’ badge.
- Start creating the link to the episode or podcast.
- Embed the badge on-page by linking it to the generated URL.
- They follow the badge usage guidelines.
Creating the Link to the Podcast or Episode
Go to Google Podcasts.
Keep searching for your podcast.
Copy the URL from the browser.
Go to Google Podcasts.
Try searching for your podcast.
Find a particular episode by clicking on your podcast.
Click on an attack and copy the URL from the browser.
There will be too many reasons to start the podcast, which may be to improve the growth of the business, connect with the audience relevant to your niche, have strong relationships with the audience, collaborate with other brands of the same place, etc.
Whatever it may be, choosing the hosting platform should be considered the significant one where it introduces you to a million global listeners. Google Podcasts Manager is one of the best service providers where you can easily access the data of your listeners and your business.