How To Perform A Digital Marketing Audit
The internet is constantly changing. New trends pop up everywhere, and it can be hard to keep up with what you need to do for your business or organization. A digital marketing audit is the best way to stay on top of this. You can get an overview of what a digital marketing audit entails, how it helps your company’s growth, and why you should get one right away!
The digital marketing audit will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses to improve them. An effective way to understand is by looking at the keywords people are typing in when they find your website. You can do this with Google Analytics, which will allow you to see what words people are using while they’re on your site.
What is a digital marketing audit?
The only way to improve your marketing is by ensuring that you’ve set up the proper foundations. To do this, you’ll want to perform an audit of both your online and offline presence.
It’s essential to be aware of your digital marketing performance. To help you understand what you’re doing well and where your opportunities for improvement are, here is a checklist of five key areas that need to be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
A digital marketing audit is a method of analyzing your entire online strategy. It’s an examination of the way you use social media, content marketing, search engine optimization, and more to bring in new customers for your business.
The first step in performing a digital marketing audit is to list strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. The second step is to brainstorm potential solutions based on your findings.
Before you start, it’s essential to know what a digital marketing audit is. A marketing audit helps you figure out if your strategy is working and the areas where you can improve in the future.
How to do a Digital Marketing Audit
It’s the process of finding out how well your marketing is doing. Make sure you know what works and what doesn’t.
When marketing your business, it’s essential to keep track of what you’re doing. You should perform a digital marketing audit at least once per quarter.
The process of doing a digital marketing audit can be quite complex. It includes qualitative and quantitative analysis, so you need to gather information from various sources.
It’s essential to do a digital marketing audit. The initial step is to take inventory of your strengths and weaknesses.
You start by researching what market you want to target. Look for keywords, find out how many people are searching for it, and then create a graph with the results of your research on it.
First, create a list of your competitors. You’ll want to rank the top three or five based on their AdWords spend and conversion rates.
The benefits of doing a Digital Marketing Audit
- Find out which marketing channels are working for your business
- Understand how many people are visiting your website and what they’re looking at
- Figure out where you could improve on conversion rates or customer acquisition
- Identify the resources you have available to promote your business online
- Digital marketing is constantly changing, so it’s essential to stay up-to-date
- A digital marketing audit can help you identify areas for improvement or opportunities for growth
- It will provide the data needed to create a plan of action and measure future success
- You’ll also be able to see your ROI (return on investment) in real-time
- Identify opportunities for growth
- Find out what’s working and what isn’t
- Understand the customer journey
- Create a digital marketing strategy that will work with your budget
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your current marketing strategy
- Evaluate what is working, what isn’t working, and why
- Determine how to improve your digital marketing efforts
- Find out if you are using all the tools available for free from Google
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Get a better understanding of what marketing channels you should focus on
- Learn about the best practices for each channel
- Figure out how to allocate resources to maximize ROI
- Understand where your business is ranking in search engines
- Find out what keywords you’re targeting and how they rank for different searches
- See which social media platforms have the most engagement from followers or fans
- Evaluate your online reputation by looking at reviews, testimonials, and comments left on blogs or other sites
- A digital marketing audit will help you identify any weaknesses in your digital strategy
- Identify opportunities to improve your website, social media channels, and other areas of the business that need attention
- A digital marketing audit can give you a better understanding of what’s working well for your company and what needs improvement
- Increase customer loyalty by providing them with a more personalized experience
- Digital marketing audits can help you understand your company’s digital presence
- They provide a baseline of how well your company is doing in the digital space and identify where improvements are needed
- Audits can be done on an individual level or for the entire organization
- Digital marketing is the future
- It’s a great way to stay on top of your competition
- You can use analytics to see what content resonates with your target audience and adjust accordingly
- You’ll be able to make more informed decisions about where you should spend your advertising budget
- Gain a better understanding of your current digital marketing strategy
- Find out what is working and what isn’t working in your current strategy
- Discover new opportunities for growth and improvement in your marketing efforts
Steps for conducting your Digital Marketing Audit
- Choose a time to complete the audit
- Find out what your goals are for the audit
- Gather all of your digital marketing materials, including emails, social media posts, and advertisements
- Review each item individually and make sure it is up-to-date or delete items that are no longer relevant
- Analyze your website’s design and functionality
- Check the site for broken links or outdated content, such as old blog posts.
- Evaluate the keywords you use on your site to see if they are targeted enough to rank high in search engine
- Consider what social media platforms would be best for your business and how you might create a strategy for them.
- Determine your goal’s value
- Set a timeline for completing the audit
- Review your current marketing campaigns- what are they, how often you run them, and the success rate?
- Start by looking at your social media accounts- which follows you on each platform; how many followers do you have? What posts get the most engagement? How often do you post content on these platforms? Is there anything that could be changed to increase engagement or followership?
- Look at any websites or blogs that represent your company- does it match
- Identify what you want to measure
- Create a list of questions for your target audience
- Conduct interviews with your target audience to understand their needs and preferences better
- Research the competition in your industry, including social media accounts, blogs, websites, or newsletters
- Analyze data collected from surveys and interviews
- Analyze your current digital marketing strategy
- Evaluate all of your current marketing channels and identify what is working and not working
- Audit your website’s performance, including bounce rates, conversion rates, time on site, etc.; this will allow you to see which pages are doing well or poorly in terms of engagement.
- Conduct a social media audit by looking at likes/shares per post and follower growth rate over the last month/year; consider how often you post on each platform and an optimal posting frequency for each one.
- Look at open email rates to determine whether people are opening emails from you.
- Find your website’s URL
- Perform a Google search for the site and see what comes up
- Check your analytics to see if people are visiting your site
- Analyze the content on your site, including page titles, descriptions, and images
- Look at how you’re using social media- is it engaging? Are you posting massive or not enough?
- Analyze your current website’s design and functionality
- Create a list of keywords for your business
- Conduct research on the competition in your industry
- Find out how much traffic you are getting from search engines by using Google Analytics or a similar service
- Ask customers what they like about you, what could be improved, and why they choose to buy from you instead of one of your competitors
- Review your website’s analytics
- Check your social media activity for the last four weeks
- Determine which channels are most effective for reaching your target audience, then focus on those first
- Set up Google Alerts to monitor mentions of your company or product online
- Determine your goals
- Identify who you are trying to reach
- Collect data about where your customers are online and what they’re doing there
- Analyze the collected data for patterns, insights, and opportunities
- Determine your digital marketing goals
- Check if you’re meeting those goals
- Identify the channels that work best for you and focus on them more intensely.
- Find out what’s not working and why it’s not working (e.g., is there a lack of budget? Lack of time?)
Tools to use during the Digital Marketing Audit
- Google Analytics
- Website traffic sources
- Facebook ads
- Twitter posts
- YouTube videos
- Google Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools)
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- White paper
- Audience persona
- Competitor analysis
- Keyword research and strategy
- Content calendar and social media plan
- Bing Ads Intelligence
- Facebook Insights
- Twitter Analytics
- YouTube Analytics
- The digital marketing audit template
- Keyword Research Tool
- AdWords Keyword Tool
- Social Media Mention tool
A digital marketing audit is a way to overview your website, content campaigns, and social media initiatives. It can help you answer the question, “Is my business doing what it needs to be successful online?” If so, congratulations! But if not, don’t worry – we’re here for you. We offer in-depth audits that show where there’s room for improvement across all facets of your company’s digital presence – whether in SEO, PPC optimization, or CRO best practices. Contact us today to schedule yours!
[…] Digital marketing is a component of any product launch. Using the right strategies can create a successful campaign that generates awareness and excitement for your new product. Here are over 100 digital marketing ideas to get you started! […]
[…] ethical concern with using AI in digital marketing involves automated […]