Top Reasons OTT Content Marketing Should Be in Your Strategy
The rise in popularity of OTT content marketing is undeniable. While many brands are still hesitant to enter the space, others have created a loyal following and revenue stream. In this blog post, we’ll explore the top reasons why you should consider incorporating OTT into your strategy today.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the top reasons why over-the-top content marketing should be a part of your strategy. OTT has been proven to drive increased subscriber growth and retention rates in an increasingly competitive environment. Read on to learn how you can use OTT successfully for your business!
Forrester Research predicts that by 2020, OTT (over-the-top) content will be the dominant form of video consumption. With this shift in viewer preference, it’s crucial to include a strategy for distributing and monetizing your own OTT content.
In this post, we’ll explore five reasons why you should consider adding an OTT component to your digital marketing strategy.
OTT Content Marketing Strategy Reasons
- Reach your target audience on the channels they prefer
- Be more cost-effective than traditional marketing
- Create a better customer experience
- Increase brand awareness and loyalty
- Capture leads through content marketing campaigns with high conversion rates.
- Reduce churn rate by providing customers with what they want (i.e., personalized offers)
- OTT content marketing is about storytelling
- The consumer journey has changed – people are consuming more video content online.
- There are new platforms to reach your audience that don’t require a cable subscription.
- You can create highly targeted ads that are also cheaper than traditional TV or radio ads.
- With the right strategy, you’ll be able to measure your ROI and know what’s working for you and what isn’t
- OTT content marketing is cheaper than traditional advertising
- It’s more effective at reaching viewers who typically avoid TV ads
- You can use it to reach new audiences and get your brand in front of people who don’t know you yet
- You can personalize video messages to make them feel like they’re coming from a friend, not an advertiser
- It’s easier for customers to share videos with their friends on social media because there are no barriers or time limits
- Videos are more likely to go viral when they’re personalized and customized for the viewer – this means that you’ll have a better chance of getting your message across
- OTT content marketing is the most effective way to reach your target audience
- It’s more cost-effective than traditional advertising
- You don’t have to wait for approval from executives or creative directors
- Your message will be heard by people who are interested in what you’re selling
- It’s the future of marketing
- The content is more authentic and personal
- You can use it to target specific audiences
- You get to measure your ROI in real-time because you’re not paying for a service like TV or print ads where you don’t know how much the ad cost until after the campaign has ended.
- OTT services are always on, so there’s no need to worry about viewers being at home during primetime hours
- OTT Content Marketing is a cost-effective way to market your brand or product
- You can reach more people in less time and at a lower price point with OTT content marketing.
- There are no limits to what you can do with online video, including live streaming and interactive videos.
- It’s easier than ever for anyone to create their own video content – no expensive equipment is required.
- Video is the most engaging type of media out there, so it will keep your audience hooked on your message until they’re ready to make a purchase decision!
- With the right strategy, you’ll be able to get even better results from your traditional marketing efforts by incorporating them into an OTT content marketing campaign.
- It’s a new way to engage with your audience.
- OTT content marketing is an effective way to tell stories
- It can be used in conjunction with other forms of marketing, such as email or social media
- It’s cost-effective because you don’t have the exact infrastructure costs as other types of video production
- You can measure results more efficiently than traditional TV advertising campaigns
- There are no geographic constraints on where your target audience lives – they could live anywhere in the world and still view your content!
- Over-the-top content marketing is not just for TV networks anymore
- OTT content marketing helps you reach a new audience that isn’t watching traditional TV
- You can create more interactive and engaging experiences with your audiences
- It’s cheaper to produce than traditional advertising, so it’s more cost-effective in the long run
- There are several different ways to distribute your content, including YouTube, Facebook Watch, Hulu, and Netflix
- People are spending more time watching TV than ever before
- OTT content is a significant driver of viewership for networks and cable channels
- The average viewer watches up to 5 hours of video per day on their devices
- OTT content marketing can be integrated into your social media strategy
- Consumers want to watch what they want when they want it
- The number of people watching OTT content is increasing
- There are more opportunities for brands to advertise on OTT platforms, which means higher ROI
- Consumers are spending about two hours a day with their favorite streaming services
- Brands can engage with consumers through social media while they’re watching the show
- Reach the right audience
- Keep up with changing trends in video content marketing
- Be an industry leader
- Increase your brand’s visibility and recognition
- Get more subscribers on YouTube, Facebook, or other social media platforms
- It’s a new way to reach your target audience
- It can be used to extend your other marketing channels, such as social media and email campaigns.
- You can use it to generate more leads for your business
- OTT content is on-demand and on the go, so it works well with mobile devices and tablets
- Video ads are the most effective type of ad out there right now because they’re able to capture attention better than text or images
- You can create content that is more engaging and interactive for your audience
- You can build a community around your brand and product, which helps to keep them coming back for more
- OTT content marketing helps you reach viewers who are not watching traditional TV or cable networks
- It’s an effective way to get in front of potential customers when they’re looking at their phones (and what else are they doing with their time?)
- It helps you reach your audience on their own terms
- You can create a better customer experience for them with personalized content
- OTT is an affordable option that doesn’t require expensive equipment or infrastructure
- It lets you use more data to personalize your messaging and make it more relevant to each viewer’s needs
- It’s less expensive than TV advertising
- You can create a more personal connection with your audience
- It’s easier to target specific demographics and interests in OTT content marketing than traditional forms of marketing
- OTT content marketing gives you the ability to measure performance metrics like view rates, engagement rates, and conversion rates
- OTT content marketing is more interactive
- It’s easier to track ROI with OTT content marketing
- You can reach a more comprehensive, younger audience with it
- It costs less than traditional advertising methods because you don’t have to pay for the distribution of your message
- It’s an effective way to build brand awareness and loyalty
- The majority of people are using over-the-top (OTT) services to watch TV
- OTT content marketing can be used as a way to reach your audience with ads and other messaging without having them search for you on Google or Facebook
- It’s an affordable option for reaching potential customers
- You don’t need a website, which means less time and money spent on upkeep
- Your content will likely get shared more because it’s not competing with all the other websites out there.
OTT content marketing is a new and exciting way to get your message out there. It has the potential to be an effective strategy for reaching more people in a shorter amount of time, but it’s not without its drawbacks. If you want help developing or executing this type of campaign with minimal risk, we can provide that service from start to finish.
We have extensive experience working with companies interested in leveraging online video streaming as part of their digital marketing plan, so contact us today! Which reasons do you think make OTT Content Marketing worth trying?
OTT content marketing is a valuable component of any digital strategy. If you’re not sure how to incorporate it into your current plan, we can help! Contact us today for expert consultation on developing an innovative and effective OTT content marketing strategy that will work with the rest of your digital initiatives.
OTT content marketing should be a cornerstone of any digital marketing strategy for businesses. It’s the future, and it can help you reach your target audience in new, innovative ways that other types of traditional advertising cannot. In today’s blog post, we’ve shared with you just some of the many reasons why this type of content is so effective at reaching consumers.
We also talked about how to create an OTT strategy from scratch, as well as provided tips on what kind of strategies others have found successful and valuable for their business or organization if all this sounds like something you might want to implement but would rather not go through the process alone, contact us! Our team will work closely with yours to develop a custom plan which includes everything.
[…] which medium was most effective at generating conversions, making it challenging to optimize your campaign strategy […]
[…] maximizes the value of your customers by increasing customer lifetime value, reducing churn rate, and increasing average transaction […]