Voice search is slowly projecting on the pitch by making its path to reach the smart device users. As the users are looking to make their work simple, voice search has become the source to do.
Now it is the most crucial topic for online marketers to reach customers.
Is it that important for the businesses in the future to find sales?
To what extent can the users use it?
- 1 Voice search
- 2 Is voice search making everything simple?
- 3 How does it work?
- 4 Google Voice Search
- 5 How can a brand rank #1 in voice search?
- 6 The future of voice search
- 7 Tips for optimizing content for voice search
- 8 Major players in the voice search: Google Vs. Siri Vs. Alexa
- 9 Voice search statistics
- 10 Conclusion
On smartphones and smart home devices, the users can do the voice-based search. The user questions to a device, and it feeds the users by giving relevant or exact answers that are available in the Google search engine.
After Siri and Alexa, we can find many competitors in the market, especially for the voice search.
Now Google voice assistant also becomes the player on driving voice search user activity.
Is voice search making everything simple?
I say, yes. Most of the smartphone users using voice assistant not only for questioning but also gathering lots of information. If they need ‘nearby salon,’ ‘business ratings of it,’ ‘what it suggests about that particular salon,’ etc., then they are asking voice assistant to find better results on either to choose it or not.
How does it work?
- Matching the spoken word with a similar word stored in the memory is the first thing.
- Analyze the pattern and feature can be the second step.
- After recognizing the words from critical features, each word is split into bits.
- Statistical analysis and language modeling are the next approaches.
- Working with artificial neural networks named brain-computer models which can recognize the pattern of words or sounds.
- Connecting to a search engine to collect the required information.
- Translating the information as the user required data.
Google Voice Search
Google voice search is the only figure to listen to the user voice where it needs to serve the user with required and relevant results. Initially, it listens to the user speaks.
Then it finds what the user asked. It works on a speech recognition approach that links to complex natural language processing systems.
Today all mobile devices are incorporated with Google voice search where it helps the users to Google through voice command without using the keyboard.
How can a brand rank #1 in voice search?
As a brand promoter, one needs to focus on digging the tactics that work as a powerful weapon in the customer seeking trend like this type of search.
Skipping off primary keywords:
It always based on questions and phrases pattern. That means the users make a voice search of phrases that follow questioning.
By considering this, we should use long-tail keywords than short.
You can fetch the long-tail keywords going through the search engine results page of Google.
The advanced feature of Google-like ‘searches related to your keyword’ helps you find out the user using keywords.
Offer relevant and useful content:
Always provide relevant and valuable content to the users they are looking for.
Delivering that type of content will always generate the continuous engagement of users on a particular website.
Frame the FAQs on the blog as the user spells through voice.
Writing a short form of brief content that helps users to consume.
Make it simple and easy:
The content that you provide should always understand by Google as it delivers the data to users.
Feature the content that best fits Google to give the exact answers to the user query.
Frame your page that contains ‘how-to’ questions, and more in-text subheadings that cover all the user required information which let the Google search engine to show your page.
The future of voice search
- The advanced technology is bringing instant changes in user behavior. The arrival of voice search is more comfortable for the users to search on Google with no keyboard.
- It has become the eye-catching feature in the market for all the smart device users and also for the brands.
- Simply it is a “one-man show” in the global market to drive user engagement.
- When you ask the digital assistant, a question then generates one answer from one source, which is clearer to the reader.
- Some smart devices having digital assistants will display multiple answers, and it happens while dealing with Siri.
- It is not the same on Google Home.
- The SEO of voice search is going to give high competition to the brands in the market. Hence, we can say that it is the most crucial for businesses.
Tips for optimizing content for voice search
To drive both the voice search and long-tail traffic, make use of FAQs on your page content.
While your website needed for search engine optimization, then it should be more flexible.
Choosing a topic:
Create the content of your products and services of your brand that are answers for the commonly asked questions.
Add the answers for the question words like ‘How, When, What, Why, Who and Where.’
Focusing on mobile search:
Mobile is the only device that drives the voice search traffic. Most of the users use specific keywords on voice search.
Usage of long-form content:
The long-form of content contains many keywords.
The insertion of more keywords on the page as headings and subheadings might have the chance to rank higher.
Think like a customer:
Generate the content by thinking like a customer, which optimizes the voice search.
What do they need?
Value-added content is an important one to gain voice search results.
Focus on featured snippet:
Most of its results occur from the featured snippet.
Through the optimization of featured snippets will improve the chances of landing your page content in the voice search.
That means for the question like ‘how to clean washing machine’ then you should add ‘how to section’ markup that leads the Google to crawl your content.
Using natural language:
As we know that voice searches sound natural language. Here you can add the natural language phrases in the page content.
Major players in the voice search: Google Vs. Siri Vs. Alexa
Google – Google Assistant, Apple – Siri, Amazon – Alexa, Samsung – Bixby, and Microsoft – Cortana is significant players in the present market.
Presently Google Assistant and Siri are leading in the market, followed by Amazon, Microsoft, and Samsung.
Google Assistant and Siri will fetch the results from Google.
Alexa and Google are ferocious competitors in this type of search market. This is the reason Alexa fetches the results from Bing.
Voice search statistics
- 50% of all search results takes place through voice assistant by 2020.
- 30% of searches are obtained without using the screen by 2020.
- 13% of households have a smart speaker in the U.S, and it is going to be 55% in 2022.
- By 2020 there will be 21.4 million smart speakers in the United States.
- This market will be a $601 million industry in the U.S.
- We can find 52% of people use voice-activated speakers in living rooms as per Google.
- 35.6 million people used voice assistant smart home devices once in a month in the year 2017.
- For holiday shopping, 1 in 4 shoppers used voice assistant in the year 2017.
- Mobile has 3x more local based voice searches than text searches.
By going through the above topics, we can say that all the business brands should care more about the voice search feature. It is going to be the most trending search category in the coming days as it is more flexible for smartphone users to search without using the keyboard. As it never consumes user time, there are more chances to pick a voice search.